Chickpea Breakfast Fritters
When I discovered the alkaline vegan lifestyle some 6 years ago, I came across a recipe for chickpea omelets. Since then, I’ve tweaked the recipe to fit my taste buds and now, these chickpea breakfast fritters are a staple in our house. They are easy to make, super affordable, and incredibly healthy and nutritious. If you are having trouble finding delicious, fast, and easy breakfast recipes, look no further because these chickpea breakfast fritters are it!
- 1/4 cup Chick Pea Flour
- 1/3 cup Spring Water
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Annato Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Thyme (or Dried)
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Basil (or Dried)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Grape seed oil (or avocado oil)
- In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, water, and seasonings.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil to your skillet on medium heat and allow the oil to get hot.
- Pour the chickpea mixture into the skillet and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes before flipping.
- After 3 to 4 minutes or when the chickpea mixture is fully cooked on one side flip over and repeat the process.
- Serve chickpea breakfast fritters with sautéed veggies and avocado.