Are you tired of spending a fortune on hair products that promise miracles but leave your locs feeling lackluster? Well, I’ve got the solution for you: DIY flax seed gel with a touch of lavender water!
1. Pour the water into a saucepan and add the flax seeds.2. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
3. Once the mixture starts to thicken, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Keep stirring gently.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
5. Place a strainer or cheesecloth over a bowl and carefully pour the gel through to separate the seeds from the gel. Squeeze the strainer or cheesecloth to extract as much gel as possible.
6. Transfer the gel into a clean container, preferably airtight, for storage.
– Apply the flax seed gel to damp hair, distributing it evenly from roots to ends.
– Style your hair as desired: define your curls, create sleek updos, or embrace a natural, voluminous look.
– Allow your hair to air dry or use a diffuser for faster drying.
– Enjoy the luscious hold and natural shine of your DIY flax seed gel!
To keep your homemade flax seed gel fresh and potent, store it in a clean, airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay usable for up to two weeks, but if you notice any changes in smell or texture, discard it and make a fresh batch.
By creating your own hair care products, you not only save money but also have full control over the ingredients you put on your precious locs. So, say goodbye to expensive store-bought gels and hello to natural, customizable goodness. Your hair will thank you!